Tuesday, September 20, 2011

M.I.A(missing in action) M7815

I have been MIA, I have so much going on, responsibilities at work, family responsibilities, lots of activities over the summer etc. Additionaly, DH brought home five large file cabinets and as a results I started organizing my sewing laboratory (basement). I have been working in my laboratory reorganizing the space since July and in the process I've taken lots of stuff to the thrift store. Two thirds of the labaratory is done. I am going thru my fabric stash, and I would be giving away quite a bit of fabric in the future, stay tuneeeeee. I do read all my favorites blogs almost every day so I can keep up with you guy, and now M7815...
This is the 3rd version of M7815. The 2nd version was a wadder. I used a cotton fabric that had spandex or lycra, it had a lot of stertch. I made additional adjustment to the back pattern. I am not going to review the entire pattern because I did a review in a previous post here. This dress is underline and I use black bias binding around the neck and the armholes, a center back zipper insertion and I added a black band on the hem. This pattern needs a bit more tweaking depending on the fabric, in  addition I am trying to loose weight, so my measurements seems to changing from month to month.



6 comments:

Jackie said...

You did such a great job with this! I especially like it with the belt and sweater - very chic!

Sheila said...

Lovely dress and like the black trim.

Faye Lewis said...

Very cute. I like the way you styled it with the belt ad the cardi.

Aminat said...

Love your dress with the belt...very cute. Have been mia since August...

toy said...

I like it, very cute

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

I really like this dress on you especially with the belt!